The Spark Good Space Tool allows local organizations to request space outside of Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets for fundraising or community awareness campaigns. For Sam’s Club requests, please contact the local club manager to request the use of space.
Before submitting a space request, organizations must review the below guidelines.
- The Space Tool allows eligible organizations to submit online requests for outside space at Walmart facilities (not in the store or vestibule area).
- Requests must be made no less than 21 days in advance of the event date and a submission of a request does not guarantee approval.
- If approved, organization may use designated area no more than 8 consecutive hours on three days, but no more than a total of 14 days per calendar year.
Note: Space Tool requests are not to be submitted for for-profit commercial sale of products or services to the public.
- Organizations must have a Spark Good account and be verified prior to accessing the Space Tool.
- Organizations applying must meet one of following criteria:
- Public Charity (501c3): An organization holding a current tax-exempt status as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed on the IRS Master File and conducting activities within the United States; or a church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large, such as food pantries, soup kitchens and clothing closets and Deed verified. and Deed verified.
- Government Entity (non 501c3): A recognized government entity: state, county or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments and Deed verified.
- NCES School: A K-12 public or nonprofit private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university;
- Other Nonprofit (non 501c3): Non-charities, civic organizations and local associates including organizations recognized as 501(c)(4)s, (c)(6)s, and (c)(19)s like homeowner’s associations, civic leagues, or volunteer fire companies, and Deed verified.
- Other Local Group: Groups not in other categories and approved for access to the tool through manual verification.
Selection and Approval Process
- Only verified organizations have access to request space outside of Walmart facilities.
- Facility management review space requests and make recommendations on all submitted requests.
- Each facility manager may set the frequency and process in which determinations are made.
- Organizations will be notified of a space request's status at least 7 days before their event date via email.
- There is a limit of not more than 15 members of any group participating in an event in front of a store or club at any one time.
- Store managers reserve the right to decline an organization’s request based on review of the organization’s reputation and activities and its agreement to comply with applicable terms and conditions.
- If approved, the organization must “check-in” on the Space Tool once they have arrived on site for approved event.
All space requests made are subject to review of the organization’s reputation and activities and its agreement to comply with applicable terms and conditions. Submission does not guarantee access to requested space outside of a Walmart facility. Approval exclusions may include: organizations that deny service, membership or other involvement on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status.