The TechnoServe team provided agricultural training, helped farmers strengthen farmer business organizations, connected them with agricultural exporters and worked across the value chains to make them more inclusive for women farmers.
To date, the program has:
- Helped 82% of participating farmers adopt regenerative agricultural practices.
- Aided 5,196 farmers in completing the agronomy training program.
- Supported farmers to improve their yields by an average of 11%.
- Strengthened operations at 22 farmer producer organizations.
- Facilitated sales from 3,714 farmers to commercial exporters.
- Boosted farmer incomes by an average of $422, representing an increase of 17%.
Now, TechnoServe, with grant funding from the Walmart Foundation, is launching a second phase of the Smallholder Market Access Program – to help even more farmers like Rosa Gonzalez provide for the next generation.
As Rosa said about her son: “I want to see him grow. I want to give him an education. I want to teach him many things that maybe I didn’t get to live. That has been my greatest blessing and desire to get up in the morning.”
“Our Dream is to Live Better Every Day.”
“It motivates me to get up every day, give my children a better future, implementing the practices that we have learned through the project: how to improve my production and get better organizationally.” - Inmer Antonio Palacio
“The desire that we have as a cooperative, with the family and with the community, is to generate more employment…As a cooperative and as farmers, I thank all those technicians and TechnoServe too, who came to us to inculcate new thoughts, new jobs. I have gratitude in my heart.” - Otoniel Reyes
“Our dream is to live better every day. It helps us to think that our children have better academic levels of study because as we learn more, life is going to change us. With the support we currently have, cultivation, thank God, will help us reach our goals.” - Darwin Musus