Below you will find helpful tips to consider before applying for a grant. We have also provided a list of useful online resources.
- We encourage every applicant to start with our Grantseeker Quiz. It’s a quick and easy way to find out which grants your organization may qualify for.
- Familiarize yourself with our initiatives: Creating Opportunity, Advancing Sustainability, Strengthening Community and the Center for Racial Equity – to see if your work aligns. If so, you can find application instructions at the end of each program description.
- If you still have questions, check out our grant FAQs.
- Don’t forget to review the eligibility requirements and guidelines for each program before starting your application.
Although not affiliated with Walmart.org, the following organizations may provide additional guidance or support to your organization.
- Internal Revenue Code (IRS) - The IRS provides useful resources for charities and other non-profits. A full list of tax status definitions can be found here.
- BoardSource – This organization offers nonprofits resources supporting board leadership and development.
- The Foundation Center - This organization provides information on philanthropy, fundraising, and grant programs.
- GuideStar – This organization provides an online database of nonprofit organizations including mission, programs, leaders, goals, accomplishments, and needs.
- United Way - United Way serves individuals as well as organizations through training, resources, and technical assistance in your local community.