Northwest Arkansas Giving Program
Walmart calls Northwest Arkansas home. As the region grows into an increasingly larger and more diverse area, The Northwest Arkansas giving program supports programs that enhance the quality of life for all members of the community.
- Nonprofit organizations must operate in Benton or Washington counties of Arkansas.
- Minimum grant amount is $10,000.
- Organizations interested in grants of less than $10,000 should apply through the local community grant program.
- Work must fit within one of the following focus areas:
- Improving Access and Availability to Healthier Food: We support programs that work to systematically improve access to healthier food, teach healthier eating skills and collaboration among local nonprofits to meet the area’s long-term needs. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 11, 2021.
- Strengthening Community Cohesion: To build a culture of inclusion in the region. We support programs that provide access to arts and recreation programs. While there is some support for subsidized admission or programming, support that prioritizes collaboration across organizations’ innovation is prioritized. Walmart and Sam’s Club event sponsorships in Northwest Arkansas are reviewed once a year. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Specific emphasis will be placed on proposals that demonstrate measurable outcomes and address issues within underserved communities.
Organizations applying must meet one of following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed on the IRS Master File and conducting activities within Northwest Arkansas. 501(c)(3) organizations must be recognized as public charities other than Type II supporting organizations.
- A recognized government entity: state, county or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments, that are requesting funds exclusively for public purposes.
- A K-12 public or nonprofit private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university.
- A church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large, such as food pantries, soup kitchens and clothing closets.
- Organizations that have already received a Northwest Arkansas grant, but have not completed an impact report may not be eligible to apply or receive a new grant.
- Grant request amount should not exceed 30% of the applicant’s total operating budget for the most recent fiscal year.
- Overhead/indirect costs (non-program-related expenses) may not exceed 15% of the total program budget.
- While the majority of Walmart.org grants are less than two years, organizations may propose initiatives with timeframes that extend up to three years. No-cost extensions may be requested for up to an additional 12 months, if necessary.
- Funding provided by the Walmart Foundation cannot be used to provide services, compensation, or preferential treatment to Walmart stores or Walmart affiliated businesses.
Please note the vast majority of support in this focus area is programmatic. We are limited in the number of event sponsorships we can support each year.
- Proposals must be completed in full and submitted online to be considered.
- There is no guarantee of funding.
- Guidelines, submission deadlines and notification dates may be adjusted without prior notice.
- The Northwest Arkansas giving program welcomes collaboration between organizations but only one organization can submit the application for the grant.
- Association/chamber memberships
- Athletic sponsorships (teams, events)
- Faith-based organizations when the proposed grant will only benefit the organization or its members
- Unrestricted funding
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Scholarships (tuition, room and board or any other expense related to college, university or vocational school attendance)
All grant applications are made subject to review of the organization’s reputation and activities, and its agreement to comply with applicable terms and conditions.